This study (my PhD research) followed 3329 children between ages of 7-9 years old that were referred to me for an orthodontic consultation by their general dentist. The purpose of the study was to see what combination of treatments would most reduce the impact of sleep disordered breathing, in the paediatric population.
1) Compare different combined treatment modalities for the treatment of paediatric OSAS
2) Include orthodontics in treatment plans for paediatric OSAS
3) Identify the relationship between malocclusions and SDB in children
4) Review the common ENT procedures that help restore nasal breathing in children
5) Summarize the most favourable dentofacial orthopaedic treatment outcomes for these children, once their nasal airway has been improved
6) Compare stability of their improved airway with and without MFT